Pray Without Ceasing
Text: Selected passages
I. Main Question: What does it mean to pray without ceasing? and What does it look like to pray that way?
A. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 pray without ceasing. ESV
Greek Adverb: without ceasing – uninterruptedly, that is,
without omission –
B. So what does it mean to pray Pray without ceasing?
- The parable of late night loaf of bread – Luke 11:5-10
- The Parable of the Persistent Widow – Luke 18:1-8
II. What should we be praying unceasingly about? (EXAMPLES that may help you keep praying)
A. Praying The Great Commandment!
- Matthew 22:36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?”
- My prayer: Father teach me to love YOU with ALL my heart, with ALL my mind, with ALL my soul, and with ALL my strength!
B. Praying to Have a Servant’s heart!
- Galatians 5:13
- My prayer: Father give me “a cheerful servant’s heart!”
C. Praying for promised WISDOM!
- James 1:5-6
- My prayer: You promised if I asked, You would give me wisdom. HELP!
D. Praying for Power to share Jesus enthusiastically!
- Acts 1:8
- My prayer: Lord, please give me the opportunity and boldness and the words to share You with others! Ask God to remove any obstacle in your life that hinders others from coming to know Jesus.”
E. Praying for a Grateful Heart!
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. ESV
- My prayer: Thank you!