Q. When is your worship service?
1. Our Sunday morning worship service begins at 10:30 A.M. and ends around 11:45 A.M.
2. We have a time for coffee, snacks, and fellowship in the foyer before the service starting at 10:00 A.M.
Q. What is your worship service like?
Our worship begins with a short Bible reading to call us into worship together and is followed by about 30 minutes of worship in song and prayer before we worship God by hearing his Word in the morning sermon. After the sermon, we close in one final song together and are dismissed with a final blessing (benediction).
Q. What is your worship music like?
The music we sing at Olympic is a blend of old and new. We love the doctrinally rich hymns of the sixteenth century and enjoy the praise songs of the twenty-first as well. Most of us who are comfortable with music from one particular era have discovered, while at Olympic, that we have come to enjoy other songs we had not previously encountered. We prioritize congregational singing, which emphasizes the gathered body singing praise to God with one voice, over performed music, which tends to spotlight the abilities of some while encouraging passivity in the rest.
Q. What is the preaching like?
Preaching at Olympic is generally “expositional,” meaning that it seeks to declare the point of the particular Biblical passage that we are studying and then apply it to daily life. Sermons usually last around forty-minutes and are packed with material for reflection. All preaching is driven by the Gospel, the Bible’s main message of God saving sinners through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Q. Do you have nursery and children’s church during your worship service?
1. We currently offer nursery care for children 3 and under and children’s church for children 4 through 6-years old. All of our workers have been carefully screened and passed rigorous back-ground checks.
2. You may check your child into nursery before worship service OR during the service. But, if you plan to use the nursery please check your child in before the sermon begins; because, we release our volunteers to join the service at that time if the nursery happens to be empty.
3. Children’s church is released just before the sermon.
4. We have materials available by the sound system for older children who remain in the service with their parents.
Q: Where are you located?
14861 Silverdale Way NW
Poulsbo, WA 98370-8268.
Q. I noticed that you have an upper and lower parking lot. Which one provides direct access into the your worship center?
The lower parking lot, on the right as you enter our campus, provides ground level, access into our worship center, nursery, and lower level restrooms.
Q. What if I have no church background?
We would love to meet you, and we will do our best to help you explore the Christian faith without the discomfort or confusion of incomprehensible language or rituals. If you have specific questions, please talk to pastor Mark, he’d be happy to meet you.
Q. Will visitors be expected to do something?
1. We will not call attention to you in the service or expect that you participate in the weekly offering; because it is reserved for those who call Olympic their church home.
2. That said, we would love to meet you and find out how we can walk through this stage of your spiritual journey together.
Question not listed here? Let us know!