Ephesians 4:17- 24
If you are a follower of Christ, there should be a noticeable change between how you lived before you accepted Christ and how you are learning to live as a disciple. And, your “before and after” picture is based on the choices you make on a daily basis. In Ephesians 4:17-24, the Apostle Paul presents us with two choices.
(Eph. 4:17-19) Don’t Live Like You Used To – (Before you came to know Jesus Christ)
1. (v.17) In your former life before Jesus, you couldn’t live right.
2. (v.18a) In your former life before Jesus, you lived spiritually in the dark.
3. (v.18b) In your former life before Jesus, your heart was as hard as a rock.
4. (v.19) In your former life before Jesus, you were losing all sense of guilt and shame.
(Eph. 4:20-24) Do Live Like You Are Now – (Now That You Know Jesus Christ)
1. (v.20-21) In your new life in Jesus, you have become a student in the school of following Christ.
2. (v.22) In your new life in Jesus, you are learning to get rid of your dirty clothes.
3. (v.23) In your new life in Jesus, you are learning to have a whole new way of thinking.
4. (v.24) In your new life in Jesus, you are learning to put on a whole new God-given life.
The Big Idea: With God’s help, chose to live each day like Jesus who has given you a new life to grow into instead of living like those who do not know him.
My take home: